Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oven Fried Chicken

I tried a new recipe last night that was really good, so I thought I would share! It's kind of like shake 'n bake, but homemade.

Oven Fried Chicken

1/3 c. dry bread crumbs                                          1/2 tsp.ground red pepper
1 1/2 T. parmesan cheese, grated                   1/2 c. buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp. paprika                                                    6 skinned chicken breast halves
1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme                                           1 1/2 T. butter, melted
3/4 tsp. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, thyme, garlic powder and red pepper in a shallow dish. Place buttermilk in a shallow dish.  Dip chicken in buttermilk; then dredge in crumb mixture. Place chicken, breast sides up, on a jellyroll pan or cookie sheet, coated with cooking spray. Drizzle butter over chicken. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Yield: 6 servings.

  • You need to plan ahead for the bread crumbs (unless you buy them). I didn't think about it before hand and quickly realized fresh, moist bread wasn't going to give me many crumbs! I was able to toast the bread to get the crumbs but it probably would have been better if I'd had them ahead of time.
  •  Also, I couldn't find ground red pepper; only crushed, so I used cayenne pepper instead. It gave it a little bit of a kick, but it was good. I don't like spicy, but it was just enough to make it interesting without making your mouth burn.

I don't have a whole lot to report on with the family. My life just really isn't that interesting! I'm doing really well in my Accounting class. I got 98% on the first test and 90% on the second. I haven't done much in my Business Computer Skills class. It is "At your own pace" which is not a good thing for me. My pace is Procrastination! I need to get going on it. I think it will be an easy class though.

Brandon is doing really well at work. His manager asked him recently how he would feel about moving to another, much busier program. It would be a lot more responsibility, but it would be a good move. His program is winding down, so he may end up being moved back into a support engineer position. But if he takes over this other program he will continue being Lead Engineer, which looks better on the resume. We will see what happens. I'm really proud of him. He hasn't even been with L-3 for two years yet and has already been moved up into a Lead position and has continued to prove himself.

Kayson is doing well. He started rolling over from his back to his belly a couple weeks ago. I swear he did it over a dozen times in a row. I was all excited and was going to post it on here then, but he hasn't done it since! Seriously he did it like crazy that one day and then has come close a few times since but can't seem to figure it out again. Silly boy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am always looking for new recipes. I always make the same thing over and over I swear. Miss you guys! Glad everyone is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete